Testing & Certification

 testing and certification

New Installations (New Circuits)

As per requirements of the Part P building regulations any new installation should be tested prior to any being energised. WCS always work to the latest standards so we will always test your installation and provide an EIC to prove the work has been carried out in accordance with the current building regulations.  This certificate is then registered online with NAPIT (our Part P agents) ….. Please note these certificates are considered valid for 10 years after which it is recommended that you have an EICR carried out.

Minor Works

Minor works certificates are be issued where an existing circuit is altered, i.e. by adding or moving new sockets or lights. These certificates are to prove that the work has been carried out in accordance with electrical regulations.

EICR Testing (Periodic)

An Electrical Installation and Condition Report (previously known as Periodic Inspection Reports – PIR) is carried out to ascertain the condition and safety of a existing electrical installation. It is recommended that any rented accommodation has an EICR every 5 years or prior to a new tenant moving in. It is also recommended that any employer has their installation checked regularly as per their requirements under the Electricity at Work act.

Prices for EICR are subject to the size of the installation. Please call 01903 905 703 for details.